Current Job Vacancies
Experienced No.1 Race Technician
Job Type: Full-time (In season)
Workshop Location: Diss, Norwich,UK
Experience: Previous No.1 BTCC experience
Travel: Regular travel to any circuit in the UK
Salary: Competitive (based on experience)
Position Starts: Jan 2023
EXCELR8 Motorsport has an exciting opportunity to join our BTCC operation for the 2023 BTCC season. EXCELR8 is an established race winning and Championship winning team.
The position is on a full time basis, based in Brome, near Diss Suffolk.
To be considered for this role, you will need previous experience of a comparative role within motorsport, ideally BTCC. You will need to have drive, determination and a can-do attitude to succeed in this role. We’re looking for the successful candidate to have experience of complex decision making and strategic thinking when faced with challenging situations. Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking are essential to thrive in this role.
The role will require you to work on a current race winning BTCC car at both the racetrack and the workshop. You need to have a keen eye for detail and a dedicated work ethic. The nature of the business will, from time to time, require you to work additional hours to achieve strict deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Have mechanical experience within the BTCC cars or equivalent motorsport sectors
- Up keep, maintenance, setup and running of one of the company’s race winning BTCC cars
- Follow engineering and technical procedures during the rebuild and preparation of the car whilst respecting agreed deadlines
- Be flexible and able to work evenings & weekends in addition to weekdays
- Be able to follow instructions quickly and effectivelyBe highly motivated and work well in a teamMust have previous mechanical experience along with a thorough understanding of engineering principles
- Sub assembly / gearbox build knowledge and experience
- A thorough understanding of the car maintenance carried out to the required specification
- Have effective communication skills
- Ensure that the cars are maintained to the highest standards
- Be able to work unassisted and ensure all targets are met without fail
- Have excellent problem-solving abilities quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring all paperwork is kept up to date daily within the required timescales
- Trailer licence is desirable or a willingness to undertake the test
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.